Ads

Review on XOLO Omega 5.0

When you are managing a lot of work zones all together, absence from one of them is very likely to happen. The same is the reason for my absence from this blog for this long. Anyway! I am here again to share about a fresh new gadget from my belongings – my new XOLO Omega 5.0 smart phone.

It was not far ago when I had my Sony Xperia L in my hands. But, it had to be sold because of its lacking internal memory storage. Due to low internal memory, Sony Xperia L was giving me a tough time updating apps or getting more applications for myself. So, I had not many options but to sell it off and get a new one.

Due to budget constraints, I landed up opting for XOLO Omega 5.0 smart phone that seemed to be the best piece I can have in my budget. Ordering it online helped me save another 1500 INR so that the new XOLO Omega 5.0 smart phone costs me 7200 INR in total.

You must be wondering why I opted for this specific model from XOLO when there are endless models of smart phones getting sold in the market. The answer is here:

I chose the XOLO Omega 5.0 since XOLO is an Indian brand. What could be better than promoting the brands and businesses of your own nation rather than transferring money to foreign brands? And then, XOLO Omega 5.0 features its own UI HIVE. This model is out of the Android stock with its very own, specific UI HIVE. You will notice that most of its applications have a distinct view when compared to that of other smart phones. This includes having a distinct music player, menu options, themes, notification bar, etc. One application that appears similar to that of the other smart phones is its Photo Gallery.

Home Menu -  Xolo Omega 5.0
Home Menu 
Camera View Finder - Xolo Omega 5.0
Camera View Finder

Music Player - Xolo Omega 5.0
Music Player

Notification Bar - XOLO Omega 5.0
Notification Bar


Like every model of smart phone or, like every other stuff that you use, the XOLO Omega 5.0 smart phone also has its own pros and cons. Let me first highlight the positives of getting a XOLO Omega 5.0.

Advantageous Features of XOLO Omega 5.0 –

  1. This phone can be used to play any sort of games without any lags. You don’t have to be patient and keep waiting for the game to load or run smoothly. Gaming is a soothing experience with XOLO Omega 5.0. A plus point for all gamers!
  2. The secondary camera of the phone is a decent one and can help you get beautiful pictures from your favourite moments. This ensures memories are always safely captured.
  3. You get to install as many applications as you want without worrying about the storage issues or the compatibility issues. Enjoy all of your favourite applications with this model from XOLO.
  4. The display of the phone is not an extraordinary one but it is a decent one that you’ll get in this price range.

Let’s hear the cons now. The bad features of XOLO Omega 5.0 –

  1. When new, you will get to experience a long lasting battery life and could run applications for hours without having to hunt for a charging point. But, as time passes, say after 5-6months, XOLO Omega 5.0 troubles with its declining battery performance.
  2. You get a 2 MP primary camera that is not a good choice. However, the secondary camera comes to your relief.
  3. Another big disadvantage is the low sound quality. Listening to music with headphone or earphones in is not much satisfying in terms of the sound quality. I have even tried to test Sony earphone device but, to my disappointment, it does no good too.

This is a pretty honest review that I have shared after testing the device for myself. Obviously, when you go through the specifications of the phone on the official XOLO website, no one is going to tell you such things sharp and crisp. But I had nothing to hide. Hope my review helps you judge the phone well and helps you in making a choice.

Also I would like to bring to your notice that initially XOLO had claimed to get 5.0 Lollipop for all HIVE phones soon but, I haven’t seen any updates on my device so far. They have also stopped responding to queries on Facebook now. The phone is running on Kitkat. I could just wish of getting Lollipop to use with the HIVE’s new interface ATLAS.

In case you need any more details about the XOLO Omega 5.0, feel free to comment below with your queries. I’ll be happy to answer.

Thanks for stopping by and spend your time reading me! Have a great day!

Check out the more pic -

Now Playing - XOLO Omega 5.0
Now Playing

Power Setting - XOLO Omega 5.0
Power Setting

Setting Menu - XOLO Omega 5.0
Setting Menu

Side View - XOLO Omega 5.0
Side View

Storage Option - XOLO Omega 5.0
Storage Option

Xolo Omega 5.0 About Phone
Xolo Omega 5.0 About Phone



SHARE

Author

Hi, Its me Deepak. Gadgets and Tech Lover. Welcome to my blog Desi Mobile Gyan, where I published about latest tech news, mobile gyan, upcoming phones and budget smart phones.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments:

  1. My brother and I bought phones at same date a year ago. He bought XOLO phone, and it’s still performing well. And my phone got dump.

    ReplyDelete